After not spending much time on patching for quite a while, here’s another bunch of firmwares that have been added. The following files were made available:
- NEC ND-4550A firmware 1.84
- Optiarc AD-5970H firmware 3APH and 3APHb
- Optiarc AD-7201S firmware 1H0B
- Optiarc AD-7203S firmware 1.B0
- Optiarc AD-7230S firmware 1.83
- Optiarc AD-7250S firmware 1.D3
- Optiarc AD-7590A firmware 1.V1
- Optiarc AD-7740H firmware A842
- Optiarc AD-7760H firmware 1.50
- LiteOn iHAS120X firmware FL01
- LiteOn iHAS122W firmware PL02, PL06, PL07, PL08 PL09
- LiteOn iHAS124W firmware HL04, HL05, HL08, HL0A and HL0F
- LiteOn iHAS324W firmware HL12, HL16 and HL18
For all firmwares RPC1 and Auto-Reset firmwares are available, riplock patches were added for all slimline drive firmwares. Bitsetting patches are available for the ND-4550A, AD-7203S, AD-7250H, AD-7590A and AD-7740H firmwares.
The LiteOn firmwares require certain bootcodes to be present on the drive. Binflash will refuse flashing if the drive’s bootcode does not match the expected bootcode.
Binflash has been updated to version 1.63 to include support for the LiteOn iHAS124 W drive. Before Optiarc decided to go out of business, this drive probably should have been named Optiarc AD-7320S. Flashing this drive has not been tested yet, so there is a slight chance that this will not work properly. This drive does not use the NEC/Optiarc bitsetting commands, so bitsetting is not supported by Binflash and no bitsetting patches are available. Chances are however (yet unverified) that the drive will support LiteOn bitsetting commands, so e.g. Nero DiscSpeed might work instead. Also the RPC1 patch could potentially be broken, in this case please use auto-reset firmware instead.
Also the following firmwares have been added:
All the firmwares include RPC1 and Auto-Reset patches, several firmwares also have bitsetting patches. Please check the firmware details page on the drive overview
I just provided another bunch of firmware updates. Probably not too many to follow. 🙁
The following firmwares have been uploaded
- Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.01 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch – now compatible with newer generation drives
- Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.Z6 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch – only compatible with -CB drives (mainly used for duplicator devices)
- Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.Z7 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch – only compatible with -CB drives (mainly used for duplicator devices)
- Optiarc AD-7280S firmware 1.60 (Sony OEM) including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7710H firmware 1.V0 including Riplock, Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7740H firmware 1.S0 including Riplock, Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
Also there is a flasher executable from Optiarc that should be compatible with most of their drives. Just in case you want to have an alternative to Binflash.
After being quiet for a while we finally have some updates again.
First of all Binflash has been updated to version 1.62 to include support for the AD-7740H drive series.
Also the following firmwares have been uploaded:
- Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.01 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-5280S firmware 1.01b including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7261S firmware 1.Z5 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7280S firmware 1.01 should now also support previously unsupported drives
- Optiarc AD-7283S firmware 1.01 including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7283S firmware 1.01b including Bitsetting, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7717H firmware 102A including Riplock, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Optiarc AD-7740H firmware 1.00 including Bitsetting, Riplock, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch
- Sony DRX-S90U firmware 1.D1 including Riplock, RPC1 and Auto-Reset patch (AD-7740H OEM drive which supports bitsetting on DVD+R and DVD+RW out of the box)
Binflash has been updated to version 1.60, adding support for AD-7280S OEM drives from IO-Data. Firmwares for this drive are incompatible with regular AD-7280S firmwares.
The following firmwares have been added too:
Merry Christmas everyone!
Binflash has been updated to version 1.58. This update mainly includes support for AD-5960H and AD-7960H drives and finally offers proper support for flashing AD-7280S drives that was broken in 1.57
Users on the command line will now also see drives that may potentially work but are not properly implemented yet.
Thanks a lot to NewFish for his help to get the flash support for AD-7280S drives implemented. 😀
The AD-7280S bitsetting patch probably still contain bugs and will perhaps not properly booktype discs.
[UPDATE]The bitsetting patch was confirmed to be working[/UPDATE]
If you downloaded the AD-7280S firmwares before November 25th, please re-download the package if you want to flash a bitsetting firmware as the old patch would result in freezes.